Welcome to my newly redesigned website. I'm so happy that you've taken the time to look around. So let's break down what's changed since the last time you may have visited:
- Most noticeably is the completely different layout, which I believe is significantly more streamlined and clean looking.
- The navigation bar at the top now includes some new features for you to enjoy during your visit.
- A more balanced focus between my personal paintings and the work I do for clients, this was done to show more versatility within my artwork.
- Gallery style pages displaying my artwork.
- An updated "artist statement" that describes what I do and why I do it.
- A blog section, where you're at now, that will be updated at least once a week.
- A new, fully functioning shop section where you can purchase prints directly from the website, as opposed to visiting my Etsy page.
- A "Hire Me" button that allows you to automatically send me an email letting me know that you're interested in working with me.
Now, let me tell you why I've went ahead and put all of this work into the website. To keep it short, I wanted something that was more streamlined and professional. I felt that the old website was inconsistent, to say the least. The pages that displayed my paintings were nice, but then trying to view the paintings on a larger scale was not very pretty. The design/commission page was in a completely different format, and I was not doing a good job of letting people know that I do more than just weird paintings from my head. Everything was just a little all over the place.
With this new set up, everything is all in one place. The homepage lets a visitor know exactly what to expect, and there is a Hire Me button right on the homepage to let everyone know that I'm available for commissions. Finally, having the shop right here in the same website eliminates the need for you to be redirected to a different site just to purchase prints. It's just a one-stop shop for anything you could want involving my artwork, and I couldn't be happier with the results.
Finally, this blog. I plan on posting here at least once a week, hopefully more once I get a feel for what I want to talk about. But I want this section to be beneficial for other people. I want to talk about my process, whether it be with paintings, design work, or business in general. While you're here, I don't want your visit to only benefit my own endeavours, I want to provide YOU with something to take away each time you come here. The blog has a newsletter subscription option at the bottom of the page, where you will receive an email any time I post something new. So if you feel like you could benefit from reading what I have to say, please consider subscribing. Also, feel free to leave comments, questions, or just email me directly if you have anything you would like to talk about.
There are quite a few things I have in store, so keep checking back. Above anything else, though, thank you for being here. I hope you enjoy your stay.